The Sunshine Coast Landscape and Wildlife Photography Award 2015
The Sunshine Coast Landscape and Wildlife Photography Award is one of numerous awards and categories within the Sunshine Coast Art Prize 10th anniversary celebration, with over $125,000 in cash prizes available for artists. Mediums include painting, sculpture, public art, photography, new media (including projections, animation, street art, digital photography, videography and more).
Sunshine Coast Council’s ongoing contribution of $15,000 for the ten year strong Sunshine Coast Art Prize, has grown exponentially through partner contributions and significant philanthropy and sponsorship to become one of the nation’s most significant regional visual arts awards.
In 2015, the Sunshine Coast Council Environment Levy has supported the development of the inaugural national Landscape and Wildlife Photography Prize, for excellence in depictions of the Sunshine Coast natural environment.
Through this prize, the Environment Levy is aiming to raise awareness of the beauty and significance of the environment to assist the broader community to take ownership of the natural values which support their lifestyles and livelihoods.
Photographs submitted must depict one or more of the following*:
• Native flora and fauna of the Sunshine Coast
• Native insects and arachnids of the Sunshine Coast
• Natural landscapes, including waterways of the Sunshine Coast
• Connection between people and the natural environment
The winning artwork will be acquired into the Sunshine Coast Art Collection. All submitted photographs will be made available to Sunshine Coast Council for the purposes of promoting our natural environment.
Prizes to the value of $9,500 will be awarded.
* All photographic works must be taken within the Sunshine Coast Council local government area. Please refer to Queensland Local Government MapsLink exits to another website for boundary confirmation.